KALAMAZOO, MI — Food vehicles, are living music and sunshine. A acquainted end of the 7 days sensation in downtown Kalamazoo on Fridays through the summer season.
Lunchtime Live! will return to the coronary heart of Kalamazoo on Friday, June 10 and go on on all over the summer season with musical performances and plenty of food items alternatives every Friday from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. through Sept. 2.
The once-a-year, no cost summertime sequence sponsored by KZoo Parks and introduced by Lake Michigan Credit score Union unveiled data on this year’s performers previously this 7 days.
Kicking off the year will be Kalamazoo’s individual Megan Dooley, who will deliver her mix of American roots music with a modern-day edge to the stage as foodstuff trucks line the south aspect of the park together South Street.
The complete timetable is as follows:
• June 10: Megan Dooley: Americana roots performer from Kalamazoo.
• June 17: Hurricane Reggae Band: Award-winning Chicago-based reggae act fronted by Dominican native Cleve Hurricane Jean Jacques.
• June 24: Kari Lynch: Alt-country singer songwriter from Michigan, who is now based out of Nashville where in addition to functioning on her solo tasks, she fronts The Kari Lynch Band.
• July 1: Carrie & The McFerrinheits: Kalamazoo-primarily based alt-country singer-songwriter with a supporting cast.
• July 8: Mike Struwin: Primary, Americana and traditional rock favorites from St. Joseph indigenous.
• July 15: Sam Luna & Sage Castleberry: Aspiring Battle Creek artists doing modern first music and vintage radio hits courting back to the 60s.
• July 22: Jordan Hamilton: Kalamazoo-primarily based hip hop cellist who delivers musical mastery and an upbeat style-melding blend of avant-garde folk audio to the phase.
• July 29: Monte Pleasure: Michigan-primarily based singer-songwriter who sings stories of appreciate, decline and longing.
• Aug. 5: Kanola Band: The Midwest’s own New Orleans jazz outfit guarantees to provide the varied seems of Dixieland, zydeco and funk to the park.
• Aug. 12: Pinter Whitnick: Husband and wife duo out of Detroit that signifies a multitude of genres with their harmonizing, comprehensive band sound.
• Aug. 19: Youth & Teenager Talent Exhibit: Co-hosted by the Kalamazoo Guarantee and the Kalamazoo Civic, youth and teenagers can indication up to take part by means of audio, dance, comedy or anything else.
• Aug. 26: Serita’s Black Rose: Grand Rapids “funkateer” Serita Crowley will carry out a raucous mix of funk, rock, blues, neo-soul and Americana music from the 60s and 70s alongside with her lover Jon Hayes.
• Sept. 2: i.am.james: Performing tunes “left to the centre of pop” roots musician Sierra Cassidy closes the collection with i.am.james. Cassidy is a graduate of Interlochen Arts Academy and the Berklee University of Music.
For more information and facts on just about every of the specific performers click below.
Meals and retail will be out there for obtain at the park each individual Friday, beginning at 11:30 a.m. Food stuff vans will be lined up along South Avenue and other suppliers will be established up in the course of the park just about every week.
Also on MLive:
Kalamazoo Condition Theatre announces six-present State on the Avenue agenda
Maximum metal beam place in area for new Kalamazoo County Justice Facility
System to rebuild Kalamazoo downtown with two-way streets will come with $30M cost tag
Michigan’s Very best Community Eats: ‘More than just pancakes’ at Uncle Ernie’s Pancake Property